Sunday, April 8, 2018

Red Nails - Poem by Nada Adel Sobhi






Red nails
Break the blue calm
Like tiny roses
In a sea of green

Colours
They paint my world
Breathe new life
Into my lungs

I close my eyes
Feel the cold air
Fill my being

Those moments of life
Lapses of perfection
In a world of endless
Hustle and bustle

Sunlight sifts
Through clouds and mountains high

The wind blows on my face,
My lips can almost taste
The saltiness of my surroundings

I close my eyes again
Then open them to see
Red nails
On a sea of brown rocks
Covered by a hue of greyish blue


By: Nada Adel Sobhi/Nadaness In Motion


Photography by Nada Adel Sobhi aka Nadaness In Motion


Written Thursday, 29 March 2018 at 16:50

The writing and publishing of this poem coincides with the April-long National Poetry Month.



No comments:

Post a Comment