Sunday, July 9, 2017

Cleansing the Anger - Poem by Nada Adel Sobhi



No matter how hard I try
Anger resurfaces,
Moving slowly,
Dominating my thoughts,
My dreams, my fantasies,
Putting me on edge,
Slowly gnawing at my mind,
And worse my soul.

Anger at others

I've done my part
And more
Yet it's not enough

It seems nothing
Ever really is enough

But the emotions,
Angry black and red,
Control my mind,
Burying my happiness,
Searing through me like a saw,
Weighing on me like dumbbells,
Pulling me down every time I rise.

I was kind,
But in my kindness
I must have been blind.

Or whosoever I bestowed with my care
Devoured it, wanting more.
Craved it, never satiating,
Never getting their fill.

And I gave
And I gave
And I gave

Till I was out.
Spent.
Empty.

How long till I replenish
What was taken from me?
How long till I rid myself
Of fury and disappointment?

How long?

ANSWER ME!


By: Nada Adel Sobhi




No comments:

Post a Comment